Want to learn how to make your very own baby sensory blanket?
In this tutorial, I will show you how simple it can be to make a soft and cuddly baby sensory blanket. These small blankets make the perfect baby shower gift and are sure to be cherished for a long time to come. Their small size makes them great for carrying in the car or stroller as you travel. Babies will love the various textures that they can explore from the soft flannel fabric, to the silky or grooved gross-grain ribbons.
So gather up the following materials, get everything prepped, and join me as I walk you through making a baby sensory blanket!
- Fabric: 1 flannel square and 1 minky dot square
- 20 pieces of ribbon (10 different types)
- Sewing machine (a walking foot if you have one)
- Thread (matching the minky fabric color)
- Scissors and seam ripper
- Turning tool or chopstick for turning the blanket inside out